
Last week I graduated from BYU, the last of the Sessions kids to do so. My official degree is from the Marriott School of Management and is a BS in Business Management, emphasis in Strategy. As we know Mom and Dad hopped on a plane on Monday to avoid coming to my graduation on Thursday and Friday. (no, they had a much more important calling to respond to) I did not lack familial support though. On Thursday Aunt Sandy and Uncle Thurm came to the commencement ceremony where President Uchtdorf and Elder Nelson spoke. Friday, Emily's parents Eric and Anabel, her sister Laura, Sara (with husband Travis), and Laird and family came to see me receive my degree. I commend all that came Friday because it was a marathon ceremony lasting almost 3 hours. There were close to 1000 names that needed to be read at the Marriott School convocation. We were all grateful when it was over.
An update on my employment prospects. I had recently applied for a position with US Airways which did not come through. So I am still in search for a job. Last week, Uncle Bob Boyce was inspired by Bishop Edgley's recent talk in Priesthood Session of General Conference "This Is Your Phone Call". In the talk Bishop Edgley admonishes those in the church to help the brethren in their quorums who have lost jobs or are having trouble providing for their families. Uncle Bob's response was to send out my resume to 125 people in his stake. He prefaced the email referencing the conference talk. He went on to ask if anybody in the stake is in a position to of hiring right now, or knows of somebody who is, to take a look at my resume and consider it. It was a very generous act on his part. Since then I have had a phone interview and another one scheduled for this week. They aren't the jobs that I would have sought out myself, but they are jobs nonetheless.
Along with the graduation festivities Emily had her baby shower this weekend. It was fun for all the ladies around and we got a lot of needed baby gear.

This is the quilt that Anabel made for the baby. Emily picked out the fabric and Anabel put it together. I'm sure that Emily will update her blog with more about the baby shower.
Keep me in your prayers as I continue my job search in this very tough time to find a job.
No comments:
Post a Comment