Yep, you read correctly. The deployment to Afghanistan this July is officially off.
He's going to Iraq instead--or at least that's what his new letters say. But then why did they issue him two pairs of ultra gortex lined boots and the highest tech, thickest warm gear the Air Force makes? Doesn't make you too trusting or confident in the "powers that be" that control and manage all these things. It looks like the dates are all still the same and yet his tech who knows how to assist in surgeries is still slated to go to Afghanistan---so how is he supposed to do surgery with no assistant? Mysteries. . .
Speaking of mysteries, I've spent the better part of my week pondering over the meaning of "preside," ---specifically what it means to preside in the home as stated in the Family Proclamation. That word is a little mysterious to me. I compiled a 53 page document of quotes, talks, and scriptures from past general conferences and church manuals. It is amazing how much quick research you can do with search engines on lds.org. I think I'm coming closer to understanding it all. I don't even need to know the why behind it. I just think I could be a little more obedient to the doctrine and the commandment if I understood what is means in the first place.
Another mystery of the week: I went to a meeting at the middle school for all Fall middle school sports. There were 9 middle school football coaches there and practically the entire meeting was dedicated to the "Centerville Elks Touchdown Club." Basically if you give enough money to be in this club you get the honor of being invited to watch the replay video of the Friday night HS football game at a local sports bar, on Monday nights, while the HS coach comments on it play by play. Then, after listening to that for a couple of hours, you can stay and watch Monday night football. I mean what could be better than that, right? PLEEEEEEASE! They did not even mention cross country or have any coach from this program even in attendance. I had to raise my hand in front of 350 people and say, "So, what about cross country?" It was kind of like, "Oh yeah. I guess we have that sport too, hmmmm." Local culture is THICK, THICK, THICK with football. Caleb says he wants to play it again. That's fine. It seems to be a good outlet for teenage male agression. I am rather pleased though that Josh will be running cross country. Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0
t seems like a better match for him.
Love and miss you all.
April
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
April,
I certainly wouldn't feel so confident in those orders either. Sounds fishy to me. Let us know when you do any updates.
Post a Comment